I’ve enclosed my ideal job description based upon my skills, interests and passion. To help me focus with my job search and networking, my career coach felt creating this document may help target my ideal job and desired field.
We are seeking a creative professional with a unique perspective to join our team as a Continuous Improvement Consultant.
We are a small health care company located in Lake County, Illinois. We are looking for an individual who has a unique perspective & background to help us improve our current internal processes & procedures.
This person needs to have the drive & passion for process improvements & quality assurance. We are looking for someone who will question & probe the current operations & challenge “conventional wisdom” to drive out costs, improve efficiency & reduce aggravation. A curious mindset is essential, with the desire to learn new things about the company’s internal processes & external contacts. In addition, they will acquire valuable data & insight by talking with employees, conducting interviews, working & observing different jobs & departments. This position requires the candidate to be a self-starter who requires very little supervision.
The candidate needs to display great communication skills by writing proposals & facilitating idea generation & possible process improvements. They need to have an open mind & perspective to look at things differently & look at new ideas seriously. The candidate needs to display “we are never finished” attitude when it comes to quality & process improvements. Because the company is committed to streamline processes & procedures, this candidate will spend very little time convincing management of the need to serious consider improvements through suggestions & ideas.
• Works with management to identify process improvement projects, including cost justification & project plans
• Identify & document best practices for continuous project & process improvements
• Ensure job aids & instructional materials are maintained to ensure standard processes are followed & utilized
• Spend time in various positions & departments to get familiar with potential streamlining
• Regularly interview some employees & clients to help provide feedback & insight on possible improvement areas
• Help interpret captured data from surveys & feedback & analyze whether or not to take action based upon this feedback
• Analyze highly complex production & processes
• About 10-20% travel required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software
• Ability to effectively adapt to change
• Minimum of 15 years experience in business &/or IT
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to solve problems logically
• Ability to work & communicate with all levels of internal & external contacts
• Ability to communicate orally & in writing, clearly and logically
• Bachelor’s degree
• Organizational, analytical & problem solving skills
• Strong IT experience with personal & professional hardware & software
• Customer centric (able to understand voice of consumer)
• Ability to take initiative with minimal direction
• Passion at useful idea generation
• Curious & effective at interviewing for process improvement opportunities
• Planning & facilitation skills
• Demonstrate strong business vocabulary
• High standard of personal & professional integrity
• Some experience or training in HTML, MS SQL, & Windows Terminal Server
• ITIL Certified
• Training or experience in Lean Concepts but open to train ideal candidate
• Training in Six Sigma but open to train the ideal candidate
• Minimum of 10 years experience in health care
• Utilize common process improvement techniques to analyze operations